Following the launch of Intelligent Tracking Prevention for Safari, Google has made changes to how AdWords measures conversions, consistent with Apple’s recommendations for ad attribution. These changes help ensure accurate measurement of website conversions from the Safari browser.
We strongly recommend that you replace your pixel-only conversion tags with the new website conversion tracking tag in AdWords. The pixel-only conversion tags that you are currently using on your website are unable to measure conversions on Safari. If you don’t take any action, you will no longer be able to measure conversions on Safari.
The new tag consists of two snippets that are only available in the new AdWords experience, which is now accessible to all advertisers. Here are the steps you should follow to create and implement the new tags:
- Log into the new AdWords experience
- In the upper right corner, click the 3-dot icon, and under Measurement, select Conversions.
- Click the website conversion action name for which you want to update the tag
- Expand the “Tag setup” panel at the bottom of the page
- Follow the instructions on this page to install both tag snippets: the global site tag snippet should be placed on all pages of your website so it can set new cookies on your domain, which will store information about the ad click that brought a user to your site. You only need one global site tag snippet across your entire website, even if you track multiple actions. The event tag snippet should be installed on the conversion page(s)
Please contact AnalyticsDevs support for assistance and if you have any questions!